Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > HONDA
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2007, 01:00 PM
news

Arrow Honda launches the Civic Type R sedan in Japan

Honda Civic Type R Sedan Tears It Up In Japan

3. It's hard to take a car seriously with a minivan front triangle window.

4. Here is a video of the Honda Civic Type R but at the time they called it a prototype.

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos/03-08-07page-Honda-Civic-Type-R-Sedan-Prototype.htm

This car car very clean lines and I bet a very fun car to drive, also with 225 ponies at 8,000 rpm this car should be a great track car.

http://www.dpccars.com

DPCcars

Posted at 4:23AM on Mar 29th 2007 by DPC car videos

5. Oh man, why isn't it the awesome five-door shape from the UK? This doesn't look so good to me...

Posted at 4:28AM on Mar 29th 2007 by Mappy

6. Does anyone think they just took 5 years to make a civic look like an RSX?

Looks like it to me. ZZZzzzZZzz..

Posted at 4:46AM on Mar 29th 2007 by Dustin

7. #2 -

Torques is not a correct word. Torque is defined as force perpendicular x lever arm, and it is the name of said thing. The units of torque are lb-ft or Newton-meters. NOT TORQUES. Science students everywhere are cringing.

I heard Jeremy Clarkson call them torques on Top Gear, and it sounds cutsey, but its improper, so lets all stop doing it. Please, this country's science education is in the toilet as is, lets not make it worse on purpose.

Posted at 5:28AM on Mar 29th 2007 by Travis Ayres

8. Mappy, because there are three different Civics, this is the Asia-Pacific one, completely different to the American and European one. Honda in the UK can't build enough Type-Rs as is, there's no way they can export them to the Japanese/Australian market. I wouldn't want them to either, as this is the true hardcore Type-R, not the more compromised European Type-R that has to compete with the numerous other dailu driver-friendly hot hatches.

And I don't see how this looks at all like an Integra.

I do find it kind of crazy though how a 2007 Civic can have bigger wheels than the legendary NSX-R ahah. I think the top-of-the-line Astra even gets 19s these days.

Posted at 5:54AM on Mar 29th 2007 by chris...

10. I think it is torques. It's the measurement of the crankshaft and the pistol rod if I remember correctly....

Where the hell do they measure the torque from then?

Posted at 7:08AM on Mar 29th 2007 by digitalzombie

11. 225HP-159 torque? Uhh...no thanks! The Mazdaspeed3 still wins it.

Posted at 7:45AM on Mar 29th 2007 by Aetius

12. Torques is a verb - as in, \"The mechanic torques the lug nuts\"

Torque is a noun - \"the engine produces 159 lb*ft of torque\"

Saying 159 torques is not only an incorrect useage of the word, but it is meaningless because it does not specify units. Is it 159 lb*ft? N*m? Heck, torque can be and force and any distance! Perhaps it is 159 gram*furlongs?

Yes, I saw it on Top Gear. Thought it was stupid then, too.

But, who cares. With only 159 lb*ft waaaaay up at 6100 rpm, this engine isn't torquing much of anything.

Posted at 9:07AM on Mar 29th 2007 by Derek

13. Anybody else notice the Honda Asimo icon representing the car on the nav system - thats pretty funny!

Posted at 9:45AM on Mar 29th 2007 by Curt Chambers

14. According to the Honda dealer material, this Civic type R laps Tsukuba circuit 1.9 seconds faster than an S2000, 1.7 seconds faster than a 2005 Integra Type R, and almost 1 full second FASTER than a 2005 NSX.

Posted at 9:55AM on Mar 29th 2007 by joe justice...

No kidding. Me Eco tuned Focus makes 149 lb-ft of torque right off the lot.

Come on Honda, NA VTEC is all well and good, but at some point you've got to give your cars some kick in the pants.

Posted at 10:01AM on Mar 29th 2007 by P B

Why? Everyone knows horsepower sells cars while torque only wins races. Guess what Honda's interested in.

Posted at 10:51AM on Mar 29th 2007 by nailz420

17. heck i might even put aside my disdain for japanese cars and buy this if it was available.

Posted at 11:06AM on Mar 29th 2007 by MCS05

18. That 159ft-lbs is 80 ft-lbs / liter. Better than the new M3, better than the not so hot 139ft-lbs the US receives from Honda.

Posted at 11:19AM on Mar 29th 2007 by MikeW...

Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.

When you enter your name and email address, you'll be sent a link to confirm your comment, and a password. To leave another comment, just use that password.

To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted no need to use p or br tags.

Source: [url=http://saturn.autoblog.com/2007/03/29/honda-launches-the-civic-type-r-sedan-in-japan/]Autoblog[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!