Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > HONDA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 01:00 PM
news

Arrow Honda prices Civic MUGEN Si Sedan from $29500

Honda prices Civic MUGEN Si Sedan from $29500

Short and sweet: If you want one of the 1,000 2008 Honda Civic MUGEN Si sedans coming to dealer showrooms, you will have to pony up $29,500 plus taxes and destination charges. That amount gets you a Civic Si that's been given the once-over by MUGEN, which supplies a track-tuned suspension, aerodynamics package, lightweight wheels, and a sport exhaust. A number of bespoke touches dress up the interior as well. You can read our original posts and the press release after the jump for full info on the car. As for the price, whether or not it's "worth" it depends on your level of interest, naturally. Something tells us that the first official MUGEN vehicle for the US market will have no problem attracting 1,000 people willing to part with 30 grand.

- The 2008 Honda Civic MUGEN Si Sedan is arriving at dealerships nationwide with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price1 (MSRP) of $29,500, plus destination and handling charges, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today.

Built on the foundation of the Civic Si Sedan and tuned by the prestigious racing and aftermarket performance company, MUGEN, the Civic MUGEN Si Sedan adds a track-tuned MUGEN suspension, 18-inch forged alloy lightweight wheels, a full aerodynamic body kit with adjustable rear wing spoiler, a rear diffuser and a sport-tuned exhaust system. Powertrain highlights include the Civic Si's high-revving, 197-horsepower, 2.0-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine with an 8000-rpm redline; a 6-speed close-ratio manual transmission; and a helical-type, limited-slip differential.

"The Civic MUGEN Si Sedan brings together the excitement of the Civic Si with MUGEN's legendary reputation for performance," said Dick Colliver, executive vice president of American Honda. "The track-tuned MUGEN suspension further enhances the handling of the Civic Si Sedan."

The track-tuned suspension, tested at the Twin Ring Motegi racing circuit in Japan, lowers the vehicle by 0.6 inches with aggressive spring and damper tuning for enhanced handling performance while still maintaining a high level of ride comfort. Compared to the conventional Civic Si Sedan dampers, front and rear damping force (both bump and rebound) was increased between 8- and 24-percent.

Lightweight 17-pound 18x7.5-inch forged alloy wheels (27 percent lighter than the stock 17x7-inch alloy wheel) and high-grip BFGoodrich?®2 g-Force KDW 215/40ZR18 summer tires help to create MUGEN's unique, rewarding and well-balanced handling performance character.

The full-vehicle aero-package adds a front spoiler with a sports grille, side skirts, a rear bumper diffuser and an adjustable rear wing spoiler. The sport-tuned exhaust system reduces back pressure downstream from the catalytic converter. The Civic MUGEN Si Sedan is available exclusively in Fiji Blue Pearl and includes front and rear MUGEN emblems. Inside, a MUGEN Limited-edition placard is located on the center console along with a MUGEN 50mm spherical aluminum shift knob.

The name MUGEN symbolizes Honda performance throughout Asia and around the globe. MUGEN, under license by M-TEC Co., Ltd., of Japan, has been closely associated with Honda for more than three decades in the design and manufacture of racing and premium aftermarket performance products.

The limited-production Civic MUGEN Si Sedan (maximum of 1,000 units for the 2008 model year) is backed by the standard factory Honda warranty.

The interior design provides a performance-driving environment with the Civic Si's firmly-bolstered synthetic suede seats with red stitching, red backlit gauges and a leather-trimmed steering wheel.

The Civic Si's 2.0-liter, 16-valve, DOHC i-VTEC engine produces 197-horsepower @ 7800 rpm and 139 lb-ft. of torque at 6100 rpm. A standard close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission allows for quick gear changes with torque distributed via a limited-slip differential for enhanced traction in high-performance driving situations.

The interior's two-tier instrument panel conveys a futuristic design with quick-reference meter positioning and includes a rev-limit indicator light. A leather-wrapped steering wheel with tilt-and-telescope feature is standard. The 7-speaker, 350-watt premium audio system features a subwoofer, Speed-Sensitive Volume Control (SVC), MP3/WMA3 playback capability and auxiliary audio input jack. Additional features include a 60/40 split folding rear seat, one-touch power moonroof, red ambient console lighting, remote entry with security system, power windows, power locks, a dual trip meter odometer and a Maintenance Minder indicator.

Every 2008 Civic integrates a wide array of standard safety technologies starting with the Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure; side curtain airbags; driver's and front passenger's side airbags with a passenger-side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS); and dual-stage, dual-threshold driver's and front passenger's airbags. Active front seat head restraints are designed to help reduce the severity of neck injury in the event of a rear collision. Standard safety features include Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA?®), an anti-lock brake system (ABS) with electronic brake distribution, front seatbelts with an automatic-tensioning system and load limiters, and a pedestrian injury mitigation design incorporated into the front exterior of the vehicle. Driver and front passenger seatbelt reminders and daytime running lights are also standard equipment. Vehicle Stability Assist provides launch, oversteer and acceleration-understeer control by modulating engine power and/or applying brake pressure independently to each wheel. VSA can be manually deactivated if conditions warrant it.

A prototype of the Honda Civic MUGEN Si was shown at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in fall, 2006.

1 MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $635.00 destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.

2 BFGoodrich is a registered trademark of Michelin North America, Inc.

3 Windows Media?® Audio is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.

Honda Civic MUGEN Si on sale this fall (93 days ago - 38 Comments) Eye Candy: Honda releases more pics of the Civic Mugen Si (83 days ago - 26 Comments) Honda says diesel-powered Civic Type-R in the works (2 days ago - 39 Comments) Edmunds' verdict on six sport compacts (325 days ago - 64 Comments) V-Dub may pimp der own autos (353 days ago - 14 Comments)

try getting it for 30large.

The dealers' "Market Adjustment" will tack on 5K easy. At that point, I'm 15K on top of an Si. 1000 suckers in the US, probably, but not me.

SO MUCH more to get for that

yeap

those 1000 suckers will put 30k for this POS

29000 gets you a civic si with bolt ons.

34000 gets you a base s2000.

1000 = the number of suckers that will be identified

I'm a big fan of the 1-series coupe, but I drive a Civic Si Sedan. I will tell you this much: there is no way a 128i with its soft suspension will be anything but faster in a straight line, and only marginally at that. The Si has a great suspension setup in the base model, and this version upgrades it. Plus the 128i will be around 3300lbs, and this weighs in under 3000. Is it worth $30k? Probably not. Will it handle better than a 128i? Unquestionably.

A front-wheel-drive econocar handles better than a BMW you haven't driven yet? LOL! This car barely has enough torque to make through a turn. Forget about it if the turn has any sort of uphill grading to them. And hmmmm - a \"sports car\" based on one of the slowest cars on the road? And a classy European car versus the ubiquitous John Doe vanilla economy vehicle? For $30k??? I'll take the BMW, thanks. But heck, I was threatened with a Civic if I didn't get good grades in high school. Very, very motivating... I would have to be in a very desperate situation to end up ever driving a McHonda. I guess I'm no Monica......

$30k? For a civic?

Seems like a much better idea to me to buy a TSX.

Virtually same price, much nicer car, still relatively small and sporty enough...for FWD.

Too bad they are only making 1000 of these.

"the Civic MUGEN Si Sedan adds a track-tuned MUGEN suspension, 18-inch forged alloy lightweight wheels, a full aerodynamic body kit with adjustable rear wing spoiler, a rear diffuser and a sport-tuned exhaust system."

.......30K? I would rather buy a year old BMW 3 series with R(ight)WD for probably less.

30k will put you in a G8 with RWD

Well...it looks good :)

http://www.SuperHonda.com

Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments.

When you enter your name and email address, you'll be sent a link to confirm your comment, and a password. To leave another comment, just use that password.

To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make it a live link for you. You can put up to 3 URLs in your comments. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted no need to use p or br tags.

Please note that gratuitous links to your site are viewed as spam and may result in removed comments....

Pierre Money Mart: Auto Loans

Save Money on New Cars

with Discount Invoice Pricing! Search online classifieds for Used Cars !

www.automotive.com

Compare new and used cars for sale at AutoBuyGuide.com. Search by price, make, model, and more for all new cars .

Get Discount New Car Pricing ! Learn car buying secrets BlackJack version imminent? Samsung i760 unboxed Palm closes recapitalization deal with Elevation Partners LG's Shine and Vu for AT&T: colors, dates, and FLO -- oh my! Psion Teklogix launches rugged iKon PDA phone

Source: [url=http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/25/honda-prices-civic-mugen-si-sedan-from-29-500/]Autoblog[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!