Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > SUBARU
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 02:00 PM
news

Arrow Blizzard-beating Subaru Forester in family mercy mission

Blizzard-beating Subaru Forester in family mercy mission

Proud father and Subaru Forester owner, Geoff Cox, is heaping praise on his blizzard-beating SUV for helping rescue his badly injured son after a skiing accident in the French-Italian Alps.

Fourteen-year-old Adam Alder-Cox from Lancashire received severe facial injuries in Montgenevre. The nearest hospital was in Briancon, 10 miles down a winding mountain road.

However, a severe snowstorm not only grounded all the rescue helicopters but ambulance drivers refused to brave the blizzard conditions.

Adam???‚¬?„?s father, Geoff, said: ???‚¬?“I decided that, given the circumstances, I would attempt the drive myself in order to get the treatment my son needed.

???‚¬?“The 10 miles were not easy. Nine inches of new snow on already icy roads meant that we had to take it slowly but the Forester never gave me any cause for alarm or even concern. I was amazed at the combination of positive feedback from the road and the traction that I got, even in the most atrocious road conditions.

???‚¬?“The number of cars and large vehicles that had been abandoned on the pass was testament to these being severe conditions even for the Alps, but the Forester took it all in its stride and we got to the hospital without further alarm.???‚¬

Adam ???‚¬??? who lives in Lupton, Carnforth, Lancashire ???‚¬??? is a member of the ???‚¬??Tog 24 Alpine Ski Racing Team???‚¬?„? based in Kendal.

He suffered severe blood loss and a triple fracture of the cheekbones, requiring five day???‚¬?„?s worth of out-patient treatment.

But so confident was Adam???‚¬?„?s father that he used the Subaru throughout the journeys to and from the hospital despite continuing blizzard conditions.

Once safely home, Geoff ???‚¬??? a former Subaru Legacy owner ???‚¬??? wrote to Subaru (UK) Limited, praising his Forester.

Geoff added: ???‚¬?“Rising fuel prices had led me to question whether I really needed all-wheel drive and whether I should consider a different make when I change cars. This experience has shown me that, when I really needed it to, Subaru delivered in a massively competent way. I???‚¬?„?m convinced I won???‚¬?„?t be moving away from Subaru now that I know just how capable its engineering and design is.???‚¬

Meanwhile, Subaru (UK) Managing Director, Andrew Edmiston, said: ???‚¬?“We are delighted our Forester proved such a trustworthy tool in what could have been extremely distressing circumstances.

???‚¬?“Mr Cox joins a growing number of enthusiastic Subaru owners and we are determined to offer our customers a range of practical cars for all road conditions that are also enjoyable to own and drive.???‚¬

Last year, the Japanese manufacturer celebrated the production of its one millionth Forester ???‚¬??? one of the first and, arguably, most successful ???‚¬??crossover???‚¬?„? sports utility vehicles. In fact, the Forester is Subaru???‚¬?„?s most successful export model with 83.2 per cent being sold outside Japan.

Source: [url=http://www.easier.com/view/News/Motoring/Subaru/article-104492.html]Easier[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!