Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > MITSUBISHI
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 01:50 PM

sumncguy is on a distinguished road
Default mitsubishi 2.5l 6g73 severe sag hesitation

I have a 96 Sebring with a Mitsubishi 2.5l 6G73 ... I dont mean to intrude but Im having problems getting this answered in the Chrysler environment. If the info I found is correct, the 90-02 Diamante and 92-96 Galant also have the identical version engine.

Ok so ...
All of this started when I had a mechanic do wires and plugs. The car was running ok, prior to plugs and wires. This mechanic put Bosch double platinum plugs in, was told by a Chrysler tech that "ONLY ONLY ONLY" Champion dub plats.

Some history :

Champion Plugs put in a few days before the stuff below,

Rotor and Dist. Cap, Valve cover seals and gaskets, Egr valve and transducer replaced with OEM, Mopar parts (Neighbor is the parts manager at the local Dodge dealer and I get 25 % off.)

Car .. well the car is doing the same thing ... I needed to all of this anyway, but my work did not correct the issue.

The car runs ok for about five minutes.
Gradually, hesitation increases. As it increases idle becomes irradic.
Eventually (probably after 7 or 10 minutes), when stopping at a light or stop sign, intermittently rpms will drop very low, the Oil light comes as the car stalls or it comes back up to about 7 or 8 hundred rpms. If it stalls, it hard starting it again, but it does crank and eventually will go over after a few tries. If it doesnt stall, and I step on the gas to pull away, I get a very severe sag, hesitation ... hit gas but going no where. spitting sputtering ...

The check engine light is NOT illuminated .... a friend lent me his OBD II reader, no codes as I figured, due to CEL not illuminated.

The car is up on jack stands. I will do the fuel lines ... pretty rusted, live in south but car came from the north ... and the fuel filter. If the situation continues, I suppose I should try a fuel pressure test and vacuum test.

Doesnt look like the Chyrsler environment can really say whats up with the info that I have provided. Anybody having a clue as to what might be going on is welcome, and even encouraged ... pleeeeeeeeeez to respond

Thanks alot
Chris
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!