The 607 was restyled in 2004, with the most notable modifications being the new front end and the 2.7 HDi V6 engine engine, capable of more than 200bhp (150kW), mated to a new 6-speed automatic gearbox, which is now also available on the V6 petrol model.
The 607 is frequently used as a taxi on the Continent; Portugal uses them as airport taxis in Faro Airport; these versions are usually 3.0 V6 or 2.2 HDi versions; the Benelux countries also use them as well, but less frequently at airports.
The Peugeot 607 Paladine is a special landaulet version of the 607 which was developed and built in 2000 in cooperation with Heuliez, as a concept car. The engine is the 3.0 V6. It is lengthened by 500millimetres (20in) (making it more than 5m (200in) long), and the rear part is equipped with a retractable metallic roof similar to the Peugeot 206's or 307's CC. It is a one-off design.
The special leather interior was developed in cooperation with Hermès.
The car was first presented at the Geneva motor show in 2000. It was first used seven years later by President Nicolas Sarkozy for his inauguration on May 16, 2007. Meanwhile, the car had been retrofitted in accordance with the 2004 restyling of the 607 (updated front part).
- 2.0litre (1997cc) DW10 HDi Diesel I4, 110PS (108hp/81kW) and 162–188ft·lbf (220–255N·m)
- 2.2litre (2179cc) DW12 HDi Diesel I4, 136PS (134hp/100kW) and 235ft·lbf (319N·m)
- 2.2litre (2179cc) DW12 HDi Diesel I4, 170PS (167hp/100kW) and 272ft·lbf (370N·m)
- 2.2litre (2230cc) EW12 I4, 160PS (158hp/118kW) and 162ft·lbf (220N·m)
- 2.7litre (2720cc) HDi Diesel V6, 204PS (204hp/150kW) and 325ft·lbf (440N·m)
- 2.9litre (2946cc) "3.0" ES9 V6, 211PS (208hp/155kW) and 218ft·lbf (296N·m)