if it looks like the photo this is your exhaust temperature light(petrol) - if this is accompanied by the battery warning light, the internal temp. of the catalytic converter is above normal. stop the vehicle and rest the engine for 10mins, if the light goes off after starting up again continue as normal if not get it check (retrieved from http://www.estima-motoring.co.uk/Dashboard%20Warning%20Lights1.jpg) In the case where it is not accompanied by battery light..it can be a electrical problem/bad wire causing it to be on. but u still might want to have it checked just o be sure.