The History Of ZIL 131
The ZIL-131 is a general purpose 3.5 tons 6x6 army truck, the basic model being a general cargo truck. Variants include a tractor-trailer truck, a dump truck, a fuel truck, and a 6x6 for towing a 4-wheeled powered trailer. The ZIL-131 also serves as a platform for the BM-51 "Prima" rocket launcher, a 50-tube variant of the BM-21 "Grad".
The ZIL-131 is part of a family of two trucks sharing identical components by ZIL, which also included the ZIL-130. Both trucks were introduced in 1967. The ZIL-131 6x6 has the same equipment as the GAZ-66 and Ural-375D. Unlike the ZIL-131, the ZIL-130 is intended for civilian use.
- Cab Design: Forward Engine (just like the ZIL-130)
- Seating Capacity (cab): 3
- Payload: 11,020lb (5,000kg) plus trailer 11,000 lb (on road), or 7,700lb (3,500kg) plus trailer 8,820lb (4,000kg) off road.
- Suspension: solid axles with leaf springs.
- Engine: V8 gasoline (carburetor)
- Displacement: 5,969 cc (bore 3.94", stroke 3.74")
- Compression Ratio: 6.5:1.
- Top speed: 50mph (80km/ h).
- Brakes: drums, with pneumatic control.
- Stopping distance (from 20 mph): 40ft (12m)
- Length: 23ft1in (7.04m)
- Width: 8ft2in (2.49m)
- Height: 8ft2in (2.49m) (cab)/ 9ft9in (2.97m) (transport body)
- Wheel base: 10ft10in (3.30m)+4ft7in (1.40m)
- Track front/ rear: 6ft (1.83m)/ 5ft11in (1.80m)
- Tire measures: 12.00x20
- Maneuverability: turning circle 33'5.6", approach angle 36 deg., departure angle 40 deg., max. ascent angle 31 deg (with 3,750kg (8,267lb) load)., ground clearance 13in (330mm), overcome ford 4ft7in (1.4m)
- Curb weight: 14,770lb (6,700kg).
- Tires: 305R20
- Tire Pressure: 7.1-60 p.s.i.(controlled).
- Fuel tanks: 2x45 gal.
- Fuel economy: 3.6mpg-US (65L/ 100km; 4.3mpg-imp) (city), 150 to 200 liters/ 100 km (cross-country).
- Price $7,300 to $8,300 American.
- cargo/ tractor/ etc
- load: 7.05 m (cargo), width: 2.5m (98in), height: 2.5m (98in) (cab)
- turning radius: 10.5m (34ft)
- transmission: 5 m, 2-speed transfer case
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
More About ZIL 131