Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > TOYOTA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2007, 02:00 PM
news

Arrow David Reutimann Pre-Race Notes: Las Vegas

Las Vegas: ???Las Vegas has a different configuration now; I do have one race on the new surface in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series and we had a good finish. I look forward to going to Las Vegas for a number of reasons. I feel like our team had a good test in Vegas a few months ago, meaning that if we continue to qualify like the first two race weekends then we can expect good things.???

Expectations: ???We need to have a solid run this weekend and stay out of trouble. California we had a good car and would have had a decent finish but ran into some bad luck. Las Vegas is a great weekend to put the results of Daytona and California behind us. If the Domino??™s team can do this then it will enable us to get into the top 35 in owner points, and we can focus our time on setting the car up for the race ??“ not just on qualifying.???

Thoughts: ???Coming into this weekend I feel great. After such a hard hit people expected to see me out for a little longer, so I believe this shows how far NASCAR has come in their safety developments. Other than that, I feel we had a good test in Bristol that helped us learn a great deal about the "Car Of Tomorrow" and I had a good finish in my first road coarse race in the NASCAR Busch Series from Mexico City which delivers confidence for later this season at Infineon and Watkins Glen.???

Quick Facts:

David Reutimann is attempting to qualify for his 1st UAW-Daimler Chrysler 400 David has 3 starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (3 in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series) David has collected 1 top ten in 3 starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Reutimann??™s best finish at California was 6th in 2006 in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.. Las Vegas Starting Avg. 6.7; Las Vegas Finishing Avg. 11.7 David is currently 3rd in the NASCAR Raybestos Rookie Standings

RACE INFORMATION:

What -- UAW-Daimler Chrysler 400 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race

When -- Sunday, March 11th, 1:30 p.m. PST (4:30 EST)

Where -- Las Vegas Motor Speedway; 267 laps, 400.5 miles;

Broadcast ??“ Qualifying: Speed Channel; Race -- FOX (pre-race at 4 PM EST) & PRN Radio Network

Source: [url=http://www.whowon.com/Results.asp?TrackID=1084&StoryID=214138]WhoWon.com[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!