Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > TOYOTA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2007, 01:00 PM
news

Arrow 2007 Toyota 1/X Concept

Tokyo Auto Show Preview: Toyota i-REAL Concept Car...Chair...Thing

Toyota's Tokyo Auto Show concept madness continues today with the i-Real "personal mobility vehicle" -- it's a continuation of Toyota's whole personal mobility development that started with the PM, then following up with the i-unit and following through on the i-swing. The i-Real has three wheels and a short wheelbase in low-speed mode and lengthens the wheelbase at hgher speeds for more stability and we're assuming to lower wind resistance for the very strenuous speeds we're sure it will achieve. Probably it only gets up to Segway like speeds of 13 MPH, we mean, how bad would it suck to take a bird in the face in one of these things? Full mini-release after the jump.

The i-REAL is a personal mobility vehicle made closely in human scale as a step toward commercialization in the near future.

* Represents the next stage of Toyota's personal mobility vehicle development, following the PM, i-unit and i-swing.

* Uses three wheels (two at the front and one at the back), in low-speed mode, shortening its wheelbase to allow it to maneuver naturally among pedestrians at similar eyesight height without taking up a large amount of space; in high-speed mode the wheelbase lengthens to provide a lower center of gravity and better driving performance.

* Ensures safe handling-both to the driver and those around the vehicle-by employing perimeter monitoring sensors to detect when a collision with a person or object is imminent and alerts the driver by emitting a noise and vibrating; at the same time, alerts people around it of its movements through the pleasant use of light and sound.

Source: [url=http://www.thecarconnection.com/Car_Shows_and_Concept_Cars/Concept_Cars/2007_Toyota_1_X_Concept.S283.A13493.html]TheCarConnection.com[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!