Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > TOYOTA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2007, 06:54 AM

georgeestreghun is on a distinguished road
Default weird 22RE problem, help please!

:Help:
I just did a motor swap, I put an 85 22RE motor, harnesses, etc etc into an 85 that came with a 22R. Anyway, the truck was rolled, I got the truck running and pulled the motor, I just figured it was in good working order. I don't know if it's not running right from before I tore it out, or after I tore it out, I was gently with the motor while I was pulling it, didn't yank on any wires or anything. Anyway, the problem I'm having is that It will run fine, then I will rev it up, it revs fine, but when I let go of the gas, the RPMs fall WAY down ...less than 300 RPM's, then it will go back up to 1000 RPM's and fluctuate inbetween there, and eventaully it just dies because it went too low. The rolled truck it came was last registered in 1999, so I'm thinking that's when it happened. I've put new gas in is, does anyone have any ideas? I've already played with the TPS and disconnected the cold start injector, the TPS works, since the timing retards and advances when I turn it. I also tried putting the jumper in the plug (I guess that makes it bypass the computer) that really didn't help either. I was thinking it could POSSIBLY be fouled injectors, but I really don't know. Any help would be appreciated.

FOR SALE:
85 22R, [URL=http://www.truckaccessorywholesale.com/specials/toyota_truck_Accessories.html]toyota truck parts[/URL], tranny, xfer case, front axle, rear axle, gauge cluster, wiring harnesses, bench seat, etc
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!