Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > SUZUKI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 01:00 PM
news

Arrow Capirossi to leave Ducati for Suzuki

Season 2007 - Capirossi to race for Suzuki

ROME (AP) - MotoGP rider Loris Capirossi announced Thursday that he will leave Ducati at the end of this season and join Suzuki.

The Italian driver signed a one-year contract with Suzuki, with an option for 2009.

"I'm pleased with these five years at Ducati because they were exciting seasons and we won some great races together," Capirossi was quoted as saying by Italian media. "But the time has come to change and try something new.

"I have to thank Suzuki, which has welcomed me with a lot of enthusiasm and promised me full support. For now, though, the important thing is to finish this season well because until December I'm still a Ducati driver."

The 34-year-old Capirossi won the 250cc title in 1998 and the 125cc title in 1990 and 1991. He is eighth in this season's MotoGP standings with 77 points. Ducati teammate Casey Stoner of Australia leads the standings with 221 points.

Last week, Italy's tax agency announced that Capirossi is under investigation for alleged tax evasion - the second Italian rider to face such a probe after an inquiry was opened into seven-time world champion Valentino Rossi.

Source: [url=http://www6.autonet.ca/Motorsports/Story.cfm?Story=/Motorsports/Motorcycle/2007/08/16/4423118-ap.html]SLAM! Sports[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!