Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > SUBARU

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2007, 01:00 PM
news

Arrow 2007 New York Auto Show: 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i, WRX

2007 New York Auto Show: 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i, WRX

The intrepid web surfers out there might have already seen images of the all new Subaru Impreza WRX sedan and wagon elsewhere on the internet. Today, we???‚¬?„?re bringing you everything we have on the highly anticipated ???‚¬??? and somewhat controversial ???‚¬??? new model.

Car enthusiasts loved the WRX???‚¬?„?s turbocharged 224-hp boxer engine powering all four wheels; the look of the vehicle was something of an afterthought. Now Subaru has delivered a dramatic new look, especially in wagon form, for the totally redesigned model. The signature hood scoop is much more subtle, the grille flows into the headlights and the beltline is quite high. Unfortunately, the engine and transmission setup remains exactly the same as the old model.

We???‚¬?„?d guess the overhaul to the chassis, body and interior were more important for Subaru at this time and that improvements to the engine and transmission can be dropped in as the design ages a bit. That would be a wise move. Even more importantly, the interior looks vastly improved. The base Impreza 2.5i???‚¬?„?s 170-hp engine remains as well, but the important model is the WRX.

We'll have more on the WRX tomorrow from the New York auto show, but for now click below for more photos.

Source: [url=http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2007/04/2008_wrx.html]Cars.com[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!