Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > SUBARU
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 01:00 PM
news

Arrow Subaru Canada: All-new 2008 Impreza hits new sales high

MISSISSAUGA, ON, Oct. 2 /CNW/ - Subaru Canada, Inc. (SCI) today announced total Canadian sales of 1,575 units in September, up 21.9 per cent compared to September of last year. For the second month in a row, Subaru's success was impelled by explosive sales of the all-new 2008 Subaru Impreza. Subaru dealers sold a record 876 new Imprezas in September, an increase of 94.9 per cent over the same month last year, and 9.8 per cent improvement over the monthly Impreza sales record of 799 units set just one month ago. "Customers have been waiting for the sporty new Impreza, and have responded with enthusiasm to the sleek new design and the outstanding combination of sporty performance and great value," said Katsuhiro Yokoyama, president and CEO of SCI. "With this completely redesigned, next-generation model, Impreza is finally achieving the driver recognition it deserves." The 2008 Impreza 2.5i, 2.5i Sport Package and turbo-charged WRX, which went on sale in July, offer an all-new design, a more spacious interior and enhanced handling, performance and safety. All are offered in both sedan and 5-door body styles, with a choice of 5-speed manual or 4-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with SPORTSHIFT(TM). Pricing for the very well-equipped new Impreza starts at just $20,695 for the 170 hp Impreza 2.5i sedan with manual transmission.

Subaru Canada, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, the company markets and distributes Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of over 90 authorized dealers across Canada.

For further information: Elaine Griffin, (905) 568-4959

Source: [url=http://www.cnw.ca/fr/releases/archive/October2007/02/c7682.html]CNW Telbec (Communiqu?©s de presse)[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!