Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > NISSAN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 08:29 AM

Gerd is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 1992 Nissan Terrano, TD27 Engine, Injection Pump

Hi everyone, I have got a friend who lives in a romote location here in the Pacific that owns a '92 Terrano with the TD27 Diesel Engine.
The injection pump is leaking pretty bad as he tells me and as I am going there next month he has asked me to organize a seal kit for this pump to repair it. As I have never done one of these pumps before I was wondering if someone might be able to give me some hints how to do this without failure because obviously this is a job that's really gotta be done right first time.
I believe that the pump unit has to be removed to do all the seals and o-rings, there are only 2 o-rings that might be changeable with the pump in place and that might not do the job.
Who would have a manual or a link about the removal and installation of the injection pump as well as any information about the priming and timing of the pump.
There are also other parts for me to order, e.g. manifold gaskets etc., so who would know beforehand whats necessary to do this job. Or would it be the best to take a overhauled-and set pump unit with me before trying to rebuild the old one on the island?
This would cost around $ 800 and a sealkit would only be $50.

Any answers would be highly appreciated !

Cheers

GERD

Last edited by Gerd; 06-23-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-20-2015, 01:13 AM

Knox is on a distinguished road
Angry

Hi Gerd. How did you go with your injector pump reseal? I realise you did this many years ago but would appreciate your comments/advice as I have the same problem with mine and not sure whether to do it myself or give to a garage as the repair cost will probably be more than what I paid for the car. Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!