Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > NISSAN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 04:22 PM

Doura is on a distinguished road
Default Nissan Patrol-Help

Hello. I have a 1998 Nissan Patrol GR, TD 2.8, bought from the UK and taken to Africa. I have been having a lot of problems with the diesel fuel system recently (high consumption, low power, etc.). I am told that the problem is the injector nozzles. I can't find the genuine parts in Africa. Anyone had a similar experience? any advice? Thanks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-09-2008, 06:04 AM

Doura is on a distinguished road
Default Nissan Patrol Help

I am now thinking of replacing the RD 28 engine (2.8 L TD) by a TD 42, with no turbo. Has anyone done this before? Any caution, advice? Any idea on where to find a great 1997 TD 42 engine for Nissan Patrol? The approximate cost? My vehicle is in East Africa...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-29-2009, 04:26 PM

laurentino is on a distinguished road
Default Nissan Patrol 2.8 TD

Hello there!

I lived in Southern Africa for some years (Mozambique) and was an important period in my life.

Now I am back in my country and have a RD28 non turbo engine, installed on my Mercedes 300E, and am very, very satisfied with the behavior of the engine.

My car weights 1555 kg at present with the new engine, no passengers.

It is yielding 9 km/lt in the city and 14 km/lt on the road, at 110 km/h speed.
Both trying to drive economically.

I wish I have a RD28 TD myself! But when I swapped my engine there wasn?t one available.

I do not know at all about the RD42 you mentioned before.
But I may look for spare parts for your RD28TD in my country if you wish.

Besides, from the best of my knowledge, there are options for installing better than original inyectors in any car.

I would also calibrate the inyection pump before swapping engine. I think you have an excelent engine.

However, I don?t know how heavy is your Patrol. If you want more power you may change for a more powerful engine anytime.

I would try to put yr present engine fit first, then look for a substitution.

If you want, I may search links that may help you solve your problems. There are many good sites in Australia, Chile, and northern africa, I think.

My car runs at 110 km/h at 2000 rpm, very smooth, and attain a maximum speed (so far) of 170 km/h.

I instaled an extra radiator to cool the transmission fluid, as my car is automatic.

Wishes of a hapy new year 2010.

Laurentino
Chile
South America