Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > MERCEDES

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2007, 01:00 PM
news

Arrow Mercedes-Benz Canada delivers its 5000th B-Class to Laval customer

TORONTO, Aug. 17 /CNW/ - Mercedes-Benz delivered the 5,000th B-Class to Mrs. Maria Zampini from Laval, Quebec earlier this month. Mrs. Zampini was a new customer to the Mercedes-Benz brand. She had been looking for a car that would meet a broad spectrum of needs. The B-Class was the perfect solution for her and her family. She said, "I had a long list of specific and important features and characteristics I was looking for in a vehicle. I have two young children and a family; we lead a busy and active lifestyle. I liked the look of the B-Class and I was very impressed with just how much this vehicle has to offer: loads of interior space, an innovative and remarkable safety construction and I knew that with the Mercedes-Benz three-pointed star on the hood, I couldn't go wrong." The B-Class was first launched in Canada in October 2005. It has since become one of Mercedes-Benz Canada's best selling models. Now, almost two years after its introduction in this market, more than 5,300 units have been retailed across the country. This sporty premium car provides exceptional ride comfort, sophisticated safety systems, a generous amount of space, and plenty of performance. All of this is remarkably captured in an eye-catching 4.27-metre long body. In short, the B-Class is a completely new kind of Mercedes-Benz. The B-Class is an intelligent sports tourer which provides 1,530 litres of usable interior space, more than any other vehicle in its category. Features like the 60/40 split folding rear seat and an adjustable cargo floor provide loading capacity rivaling minivans and some SUV's, making it perfect for active living. Available in two fun to drive configurations, the B200 or the B200 Turbo are equipped with a 2.0 litre, in-line 4 cylinder engine that delivers 134 hp and 193 hp respectively, for a spirited yet fuel conserving drive. The optional CVT transmission recognizes the driver's personal driving style and adjusts itself accordingly. The parabolic axle makes the suspension more stable in corners and reduces tire wear. In the case of an accident, the unique sandwich safety concept would force the engine and transmission to slide down along the angled pedal floor and below the passenger compartment. The seating position is higher; it provides better visibility and a crucial advantage in the event of a side impact. Mercedes-Benz Canada President and CEO, Marcus Breitschwerdt said, "Our research showed that there was an enthusiastic and eager Canadian demand for an entry luxury vehicle that offered dynamic driving, spacious dimensions and great design. The B-Class models have already done tremendously well all over the world; there was no doubt in my mind that it would be equally successful in Canada. The proof is before us and this is particularly evident with younger customers who have a very active lifestyle; they just love this great car." He adds, "Starting at $29,900, the B-Class has given Mercedes-Benz the opportunity to reach and conquer a new segment of younger buyers and consumers who may have never really thought of putting our brand on their purchase consideration list. The B-Class was the right decision for Canada and for Mrs. Zampini." Please visit the B-Class microsite at www.theanswerisb.ca for an overview of the B-Class.

For further information: JoAnne Caza, (416) 847-7550, caza@mercedes-benz.ca

Source: [url=http://www.cnw.ca/fr/releases/archive/August2007/17/c8125.html]CNW Telbec (Communiqu?©s de presse)[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!