Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > MERCEDES
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 01:00 PM
news

Arrow People in the news

Web site posts Lohan pictures following arrest

A British judge sentenced George Michael on Friday to 100 hours of community service and banned him from driving for two years for driving under the influence of drugs.

Michael, whose real name is George Panayiotou, pleaded guilty May 8 to a charge of driving while unfit through drugs. Police said the 43-year-old pop star was found slumped at the wheel of his car in north London after witnesses observed the vehicle weaving onto the wrong side of the road at about 5 to 10??‚mph in the early hours of Oct 2.

Michael, appearing in Brent Magistrates??™ Court, said he was ashamed that ???I had done something really wrong in putting other people at risk.???

As part of his sentence, Michael was ordered to pay costs of $4,622.

Smiling as he emerged from court, Michael told reporters, ???Don??™t bother to ask any questions, because believe me I am not going to answer them.???

???I would simply ask you to understand that the media coverage of this case has been farcical, concentrating almost entirely on the prosecution??™s allegations,??? he said, reading a prepared statement.

Source: [url=http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/17350364.htm]Fort Wayne Journal Gazette[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!