Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > HONDA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 01:00 PM
news

Arrow HANNspree Ten Kate Honda Fit To Fight In Brno

HANNspree Ten Kate Honda Fit To Fight In Brno

The 2007 World Supersport Championship reaches the Czech Republic this weekend for the ninth round of the ultra-competitive series. Fresh from a five-week break and two rounds of testing, HANNspree Ten Kate Honda heads to the 5.40km Brno Circuit in a positive mood. Kenan Sofuoglu has secured seven podium finishes and five race wins to hold onto the series lead for the entire season so far. The young Turkish rider currently has a 61-point advantage over nearest rival Fabien Foret and after strong performances during testing at Brno, he is set to impress once again this weekend.

Defending World Supersport Champion S?©bastien Charpentier has been less fortunate this year, however the Frenchman remains positive following two successful tests at Brno and Vallelunga. Charpentier is happy with improvements made to the CBR600RR and is aiming for his first top three finish of the season

Ronald ten Kate, Team Manager:

"This year has been going really well for Kenan so far - his 61-point lead is proof of that. Never the less we have worked very hard in the Brno and Vallelunga to further improve the all-new CBR600RR and I think we are ready for the remaining part of the season. With S?©bastien, the results of both tests have been very encouraging - we all know that he's got what it takes to be a race winner, we are just waiting for the black cloud to disappear from above him and we hope that time has now come."

Kenan Sofuoglu:

"The two tests since Misano have gone really well and we have made a lot of good progress with the bike. My first priority during the tests was to look after my body - I didn't want to crash and be out of the next race so I tried not to ride in a crazy way. We still have some work to do when we get to Brno but we have a good set-up and I am feeling very positive about the race. I was third at Brno last season, so this year I'd like to get the race win."

S?©bastien Charpentier:

"I am feeling good about the next round after the progress we have made during the tests at Brno and Vallelunga. I've been having some pretty bad luck so far this year so hopefully things will start to get better from now on. I'm determined to do my best to support my team-mate and finish the season in a good position. We have a lot of new information to use ahead of the race and I feel like I am ready. I'm looking forward to using all the data we have collected to get some good results for the team."

Source: [url=http://londonbikers.com/news/896a3e5a-b4a6-4cc6-8388-8e77f46f1ed5]londonbikers.com[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!