Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > FORD
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2007, 01:00 PM
news

Arrow New Ford Mondeo prices and specs

New Ford Mondeo prices and specs

The all new Mondeo which arrives in Irish showrooms this month has had its detailed Irish prices and specs announced. The new Mondeo which comes with ESP (Electronic Stability Programme) as standard and has an entry level price point of ?‚¬24,995 (1.6i), which is only ?‚¬75 more expensive than the entry level for the previous Mondeo.

There are a total of 40 models in the new Mondeo range with a choice of seven engines with five or six-speed manual transmissions along with a six-speed automatic.

The car is available in three bodystyles. They are a four-door saloon, five-door hatchback and an estate. There are four distinct series available: the LX, which provides a high level of standard equipment, the contemporary Zetec series and, at the top of the range, Titanium and Ghia models which offer a choice of premium quality features. Ghia represents 'classic luxury', with extensive use of chrome and wood on the inside, while the Titanium model has metal-finish interior elements and will appeal to those wanting a more sporty flavour.

With the new Mondeo, Ford is among the first manufacturers to provide Electronic Stability Programme as standard in this class. In addition to ESP, an impressive list of standard equipment for the Mondeo range includes a suite of airbags that matches the best in class (seven in total ??“ including a new driver??™s knee airbag); Ford Easyfuel capless refuelling with fuel inhibitor to prevent misfuelling; 'follow-me-home' lights; trip computer; air conditioning; and an auxiliary audio input socket located in the glove box for external audio device connection.

The Mondeo LX 1.8 100 PS TDCi starts from ?‚¬27,995 and like the full LX range, comes with the next generation of Ford??™s advanced Human Machine Interface; tinted glass; a pollen filter; power heated bodycoloured mirrors; rear power point; a Ford 6000 (next generation) series Radio CD player with A/V input socket (MP3); and a heated windscreen.

In addition to the LX features, the Mondeo Zetec, priced from ?‚¬27,245 for the 1.6i and ?‚¬31,745 for the 1.8 125 PS TDCi, sports 16??? 24 spoke alloy wheels; leather steering wheel incorporating cruise control; and rear power windows with global closing, climate control and front fogs.

The higher spec Ghia, from ?‚¬33,515 for the 2.0i and ?‚¬36,795 for the 2.0 TDCi, includes special 17??? 7x3 spoke alloys, a Thatcham category 1 alarm, automatic wipers and headlights. Alongside such functionality, the chrome inserts on door handles, doorline and scuff plates give the Ghia a distinctly upper class appearance.

In addition to the Zetec engine range, the Ghia range includes a formidable 2.5 petrol engine delivering 220 PS, priced from ?‚¬39,745.

The top-of-the-range Titanium X, priced from ?‚¬36,115 for the 2.0i and ?‚¬39,395 for the 2.0 TDCi, features 17??? 15 spoke alloy wheels, adaptive front headlights, front and rear parking sensors and Alcantara/leather trimmed sports seats. The Titanium X engine range is similar to the Ghia range and includes the new 2.5 petrol 220PS engine.

Source: [url=http://www.athloneadvertiser.ie/index.php?aid=4804]Athlone Advertiser[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!