Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > DODGE
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 01:00 PM
news

Arrow NASCAR: Fitzpatrick Edges Steckly For Win in British Columbia ...

NASCAR: Fitzpatrick Edges Steckly For Win in British Columbia ...

J.R. Fitzpatrick edged Scott Steckly by .029 seconds at the finish line to win the British Columbia Dodge Dealers Dodge Avenger 300 at Sunvalley Speedway in Vernon, B.C. He took advantage of a late caution which set up a green-white-checkered finish for the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series presented by Sirius Satellite Radio event.

Steckly had the best car in the race, but it took him about three laps for the car to handle properly. Fitzpatrick noticed this on previous restarts and knew that he had a chance on the three-lap dash to the finish. The two cars raced door to door for the entirety of the three laps before Fitzpatrick got the nose of his car across the line just slightly ahead of Steckly's.

"It was so close that I didn't even know that I won until I was into turn one," said Fitzpatrick. "I was just digging as hard as I could. I knew that it took (Steckly) a few laps to get going."

The race was slowed by eight caution periods covering 68 laps and had 13 lead changes among seven drivers.

Peter Gibbons, who raced among the leaders all evening long finished third. Kerry Micks and D.J. Kennington finished fourth and fifth, respectively.

Dave Whitlock, Jason Hathaway, John Gaunt, Andrew Ranger and Don Thomson Jr. rounded out the top 10.

In the championship point standings, Ranger took over sole possession of the top spot and now leads Gibbons by 12 points and Mark Dilley by 15 points.

The NASCAR Canadian Tire Series presented by Sirius Satellite Radio is in action next weekend for a date on the street course at the Rexall Grand Prix Edmonton.

Source: [url=http://flagworld.auto123.com/en/racing/news/index,view.spy?artid=86348]Auto123[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!