Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > DODGE
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2007, 01:00 PM
news

Arrow Ram owners say dashboards collapsing

Viewers Flood Local 6 With E-Mails Following Dodge Report

ORLANDO ??” Several owners of 2001 Dodge Rams are reporting that the dashboards on their vehicles are mysteriously collapsing or cracking, possibly putting their lives in danger, according to an investigation by WKMG Local 6 News.

Local 6 showed video from the inside three 2001 Dodge Rams belonging to Central Floridians. Two of the vehicles had cracks and the third had a large hole on the dashboard.

"The (dashboard) is practically sunk," Local 6's Steven Cooper said about one of the vehicle's dashboards. "Think of this as a sinkhole on your dashboard."

Billi Hilt was the first viewer to report the cracks to Local 6 News.

Hilt said she called Local 6 after she called someone at Dodge.

"He told me it wasn't a recall item so there was absolutely nothing they would do about it," Hilt said.

Another Dodge Ram owner in Central Florida, Suzanne Hudson, said she got the same response.

"I had gone to the Dodge where I had purchased the truck and had showed that to them and they said they were aware there has been problems like that in the past but (it is) not a recall problem so they would pay for half of it," Hudson said.

Hudson said once her dashboard caved in, she started having electrical problems.

She said a mirror and front speaker no longer work inside the vehicle.

Hudson said the wiring was either clipped when the dashboard collapsed or started melting when the hole left wiring exposed to the harsh sun.

Hudson also said she was traveling down a road at night and tried to turn on her bright lights when her Ram's lights instead shut completely off.

"It is a safety issue now," Hudson said.

Dodge Ram owner Scott Whitney said he is convinced the apparent dashboard problem is unique to Dodge.

"You don't see Chevrolets running around with cracks or Fords running around with their dashboards caving in," Whitney said. "It's definitely a Dodge problem. As a matter of fact, my old Dodge that I drove for 15 years that a friend of mine has the dash is still in tact."

Customers are urged to call (800) 992-1997 to report any concerns.

?« Return to previous page

Source: [url=http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070501/BUSINESS/305010003/1075]The News-Press[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!