Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > CHEVROLET
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2007, 01:00 PM
news

Arrow TI RACES TO THE TOP WITH CHEVROLET'S I...

Tags and topics realted to this article include T.I. . Rap , Hip Hop and Products .

Grand Hustle/Atlantic recording artist T.I. and General Motors Corp. have united for a major promotional blitz celebrating the new Chevrolet Impala SS. The multi-million dollar campaign confirms the Grammy Award-winning rap superstar's status as one of the most visible and influential artists in modern hip-hop.

The promotion - created in association with Translation Consultation & Brand Imaging, a New York City-based brand marketing firm headed by founder and Chief Creative Officer Steve Stoute - kicked off late last year with the companion video for T.I.'s top 10 rap smash, "Top Back (Remix)." The clip - which was a #1 rotation hit at BET and the MTV networks - featured a number of vintage and current Chevys.

A trio of commercials co-starring T.I. and the new Impala SS followed in early 2007, the first created using footage from the smash "Top Back (Remix)" video. A second commercial, entitled "Infield," effectively merged two of America's biggest cultural phenomena - hip-hop and motorsports - by bringing together T.I. and NASCAR legends Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Tony Stewart. The campaign's third installment, dubbed "Ain't We Got Love," made its debut during the 2007 Super Bowl festivities and featured an all-star cast including T.I., Earnhardt Jr., Mary J. Blige, and Big N' Rich.

"Together, the Chevy brand team and Translation have displayed true creativity and vision in partnering with T.I.," said Camille Hackney, Atlantic Senior Vice-President of Brand Partnerships and Commercial Licensing. "This is only the beginning of a relationship that is sure to lead to more innovative concepts and pioneering ideas. T.I. and Atlantic are looking forward to expanding our partnership with Chevy and Translation in the coming months."

"I believe that T.I. represents a mindset shared by many young *****s, regardless of gender and race," said Translation founder Steve Stoute. "Chevy is a brand that represents a voice of American Revolution, and T.I. shares some of those same values. The campaign has been very successful, as people have paid attention to the diverse usage of songs from country to hip-hop. Having T.I. represent the hip-hop perspective was the only choice that Translation felt would be solid and authentic."

The success of the Chevrolet promotion marks the beginning of what looks to be T.I.'s biggest year to date. The ATL-based superstar was the king of February's 49th Annual Grammy Awards, scoring the "Best Rap Solo Performance" award for his smash single, "What You Know." T.I. also received an additional prize for "Best Rap/Sung Collaboration," marking his alliance with Justin Timberlake on the #1 hit, "My Love." The twin Grammys capped off an incredible 2006-07 awards season for T.I., following his triumphs at last year's BET Awards, BET Hip-Hop Awards, and Billboard Music Awards.

"T.I. vs. TIP," the eagerly awaited follow-up to 2006's RIAA double-platinum, Billboard 200-topping smash, "KING," is slated for release on July 3rd. Recently ranked by XXL Magazine as one of the most anticipated releases of 2007, the album will feature a star-studded line-up of guests, including Justin Timberlake, Eminem, R. Kelly, Nelly, Akon, and Lil' Wayne. The production roster is equally impressive, with contributions from such studio luminaries as Timbaland, Scott Storch, Mannie Fresh, Wyclef Jean, Danjahandz, and Just Blaze.

Later this year, T.I. will follow his acclaimed big-screen acting debut in last year's ATL by co-starring in what is among 2007's most anticipated new films, American Gangster. Due November 2nd, the Ridley Scott-directed crime drama will see T.I. sharing the screen with Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe. A slate of further projects - via T.I.'s own Grand Hustle Films - will be announced in the coming weeks.

Find out more about T.I. . Other items you may find on T.I. include updates, news, multimedia, ****, links and more. Click here ...

More articles related to the topic Rap can be found here.

More articles related to the topic Hip Hop can be found here.

More articles related to the topic Products can be found here.

Source: [url=http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur33307.cfm]Eurweb.com[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!