In October 2006, the fourth generation Move was introduced. A KF-VE-type non-turbo engine and a continuously variable transmission (CVT) were available on this model, providing superior acceleration performance and higher fuel efficiency of 23km/L. This latest Move is also one of the few kei cars available with optional side curtain airbags. (The Honda Zest was the first.)
In addition to the 660 cc engine, the Move is also supplied with 850 cc and 1000 cc engine for export markets.
In Malaysia, Perodua also manufacture a version of the Move called the Kenari.
In China, under the joint venture between First Automobile Works and Toyota, a petrol and electrical version of Miles ZX40, based on the Daihatsu Move, were manufactured.
- Turning circle: 5.0m (16ft)
- Tires: 145/65 R13
- Top speed: 140km/h (manual) / 131km/h (automatic)
- Both 2WD (FF) and 4WD version are available.
- Overall length (mm): 3,395 (2nd - 4th generation)
- Overall width (mm): 1,475 (2nd - 4th generation)
- Overall height (mm): 1,630 (4th generation)
- Wheelbase (mm): 2,390 (3rd generation)
- Wheelbase (mm): 2,490 (4th generation)