In 1940, Chrysler assigned the Saratoga to its Series 26 eight-cylinder models, along with the Traveler and New Yorker models. For 1940, the car was available only as a four-door sedan, and in two interior configurations, sport and formal.
In 1941, the Saratoga was assigned to Chrysler's Series 30, and in 1942 to Series C-36; again in both years, the car was available only with an eight cylinder engine. For both model years, the Saratoga was available in a wider array of body styles than in 1939 and 1940.
The Saratoga nameplate returned for 1946, positioned as Chrysler’s least expensive eight-cylinder model, in a full array of body styles. Annual styling changes were almost non-existent between 1946 and the "First Series" 1949 Chryslers. Because of government restrictions on manufacturer source goods, Chrysler offered white steel "beauty rings" on its car wheels to give the appearance of wide white wall tires. White wall tires as an option returned in 1947.
When the fully redesigned 1949 "Second Series" Chryslers bowed in mid-season, the Saratoga was once again regulated to two body styles, the four-door sedan and two-door Club Coupe, and rode the Chrysler Windsor's shorter wheelbase. From 1950 through the 1953 model year, annual changes the Saratoga followed in lock step with Chrysler other models, the biggest exception was the 1951 introduction of Chrysler’s famed Hemi V8. When the engine was dropped into the lighter short wheelbase Saratogas, performance results were exceptional. An eight passenger limousine was offered as a special order body style for 1951 only.
Chrysler dropped the Saratoga nameplate for 1954, instead preferring to rely on its Windsor and V8-powered New Yorker and Imperial models from 1954 to 1956.
Chrysler reused the Saratoga nameplate in 1957 as part of its "Forward Look" styling by Virgil Exner. Again, the Saratoga was based on the base Windsor model, but received trim upgrades and better appointments inside the passenger compartment. The base V8 in the Saratoga was a cast-iron block V8; Chrysler’s highly praised Hemi was available as an option. Early 1957 models featured dual headlights, with quad-headlights as an option; by the model year's end all Saratogas were outfitted with quad headlights.