Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > NISSAN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 11:01 AM

welsharcher1 is on a distinguished road
Default Nissan Vanette 1992

I purchased a vanette 3 months ago, within the first 3 days the alternator had broken on the motorway everything stopped and i managed to drift to the side, luckily i got breakdown cover to,and was rescued, although i had been told that the van had been standing on a drive way for some considerable time , (over 8 months), tyres are perishing,front seat shows considerable wear down to metal, luckily i had only just started paying by instalments for the van and had the paperwork to varify my ownership,so the guy who was selling it said he would knock the ?400 plus repair off the money i owed him......then it broke down again .. in Scotland ...luckily again the breakdown came and towed or rather loaded me on a truck and got me to a friends garage where of all things the repair bill came to.....?35 happier than than this guy knows his way round a van.
Other things wrong or needing attention...Breaks spongy,time to change them..clutch cable i think wants tightening,hand break needs pulling to the extreme....however on checking the oil...suprise its doesnt seem to use a drop.
Apart from the shocking fuel consumption i am willing to give this....my van....which i some times sleep in to...because i carpeted and lined it myself and its looks like i am going to be with this one till it gives up the ghost....(need to find a front seat)..a fair go. keep you posted but in the mean time if anyone knows where i can get a front seat or indeed a haynes manual or some kind of book that would actually help me to find the break fluid res,ect i would be really interested, thanks....if your a nissan Vanette owner get in touch.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
nissan vanette, owner manuals