Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > ISUZU

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2008, 12:03 PM

sweethh is on a distinguished road
Default Starting probem Wizard 4JX1

I have a 4X4 diesel 1998 Wizard model 4JX1 KH-UES73FW .
Recently I am confrontated with a starting probem when the machine is hot.
A cold condition I have a smooth start but after a long drive it is almost impossible to have a quick start.I have to wait for about 15 to 30 minute ccoling time before the motor will swing on.
I have check the injectors,timing ,heaters and even let the engine scanned but everything seems o.k. I have scheck the motor compression also o.k
Who can help me out of this starting.

Henk
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-20-2008, 12:35 PM

albie is on a distinguished road
Default starting problems?

if you got starting trouble when the car is hot and you checked all the obvios faults like overheating you can check to see if the exhaust is not leaking onto the starter motor or else the starter is worn .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-17-2009, 05:47 AM

gmuraguri is on a distinguished road
Default Starting Problem

Recently I started experiencing hard start for the Isuzu Bighorn (with 4JX1 engine). I consulted my mechanic who indicated that I had contaminated diesel which I suspect happened during the last time I filled the tank. The fuel was drained and the engine behaved normally after pulling the vehicle while on gear spread 3 for a long distance. The engine started ok and I left run for three hours with a hope that the bad fuel will clear from the system.
After a month of inconsistent/troubled starting, the engine can start, but the idling is not even and sometimes it is too low. When I leave the engine to run for sometime (like 30 minutes), it stabilises, However, if I switch off the engine, the problem recurs again.
Please advice on what could be the problem.
Regards

George
Old 03-30-2010, 01:46 AM

Peter is on a distinguished road
Default Same Problem

Hello, I have exactly the same starting problem when my Bighorn is hot. How did you solve your problem???

Peter