Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > HONDA
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 02:00 PM
news

Arrow Brawn eyes first Honda appointment

Brawn attracted by Honda challenge

Ross Brawn already has an eye on his first key appointment as Honda 's new Team Principal, according to reports.

German magazine Sport Bild claims that the 52-year-old Briton, who worked at Ferrari throughout the Michael Schumacher era as Technical Director, has prepared a 'shopping list' of preferred appointments to power the Japanese outfit's return to the winner's rostrum.

Brawn, to start work at Brackley later this month, said this week that he will not 'take a hatchet' to Honda's existing structure.

But Sport Bild claims that Ferrari's Dieter Gundel, currently the Maranello-based team's head of racetrack electronics, is one of Brawn's key targets, as Formula One prepares for the ban on electronic aids including traction control in 2008.

Brawn said on Monday: "I don't want to take a hatchet to what's here already. When I think back to starting at Ferrari, there was no design office in Maranello. We needed to create that structure.

"We have a good structure here already. Honda is much closer to the top level than Ferrari was when I started there," he added.

Meanwhile, the announcement regarding the appointment of Ross Brawn gives both Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello a welcome boost as preparations for 2008 intensify.

The changes we have made over the past few months are exactly what is needed to move us forward," Button stated. "It was a great idea to pursue someone of Ross Brawns calibre and Im very pleased that he is on board."

"Success can never be down to just one person in Formula One, but with his experience of winning multiple world championships Ross will play a pivotal role," Button continued. "This is a big boost for the team and Im looking forward to working with him. The next few years at Honda are going to be very exciting indeed.

Barrichello echoed Button's comments: I am delighted that Ross is coming to the team," the Brazilian said. "He will bring not just experience but also enormous determination. Just like me when I came to the team, he will be able to take a fresh approach with new people."

"It was my great pleasure to work with Ross in the past and we shared many special moments, including in 2000 when I won my first race. I look forward to hearing him on my radio again!

Source: [url=http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/NewsPics/0,,1369-1375_2220603,00.html]Wheels24.co.za[/url]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!