Home  

Go Back   Car Forums > DAIHATSU

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2016, 07:47 PM

cassie8 is on a distinguished road
Default Sirion Power steering problem

Have a Sirion 1500 sport since 2007, never a problem. Today the power steering warning light suddenly stayed on after the car was started. There was no power steering support and I switched the car off. Restarted and it was fine, drove about 5 kms and stop to get something from a shop. When I return and restart, the problem returned and I had to drive home without power steering.

I checked the EPS 50A fuse but it is fine.

Please help!

Last question. Where can I obtain (buy) an online workshop for my Sirion 1500 sport.

Thanks and regards
cassie8
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-01-2016, 08:28 PM

cassie8 is on a distinguished road
Default EPS (electric power steering) problem - Sirion 1500

Intermittently my EPS (electric power steering) light comes on after Sirion is started. Leaving me without power steering.
What I gathered on the internet is:
1. that it can be a problem of too low voltage caused by either a dead battery or alternator not generating high enough voltage - I checked both and both are OK
2. checked the earth from battery to chassis and the EPS earth as well - both OK
3. then I noticed somebody wrote that he turn the steering wheel rigorously from side to side while he starts the Sirion - this action activates the "dead" power steering

I tried it and it works. My question, based on what I also gathered from the internet, is this problem (intermittent EPS warning light and dead EPS) perhaps caused by a dirty EPS motor? Two Sirion owners both claimed that after a thorough clean-out of the EPS motor their systems was back to 100% functional state. It makes sense to me, I don't know if it is a DC motor with brushes. If it is, then turning the steering wheel will definitely turn the stator of the motor and enable contact with the brushes?!

I need some help here please. Has anyone had a similar problem/experience with their Sirion's EPS
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
eps fuse, power steering, warning lights