View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 11:06 AM

Tchotto is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Nissan Prairie 1,5 1,8 2,0 L 2,4 L

Hello and poor you , dUa ! What have you done ? It seems that you bought a car without having the means to maintain it in good conditions and drive it "normally " .
When reading your post, I found a little bit unreasonable from you to complain so much about this car ! Indeed, personnaly, when I buy a second hand car , I intellectually and tacitly accept that I could or will have to spend some money to make it run the way I like ! It's not a brand new car you bought there, isn't it !
The maintenance fees you showed us that you'll have to pay are normal to keep driving in good conditions after one year of use . How many kms do you read on the meter of your car ? And how many did you drive sinds you own that one ?
When you buy second hand car, the level of quality you may expect from it us a question of luck too depending the way it has been driven and maintained buy the previous owner s) . And it depends also on the time it didn't run also ! Once you have done all these little maintenance details ,I guess you"ll be satisfied ! To find the parts inyour country is another thing ! But your Nisssan dealer or importer should be able to get the parts from Japan . They must have all the computer means and links to do it !
Personnaly , I am the owner and driver of a Nissan Prairie 1,5 1500cc of 20 years of age - 1988 . This Nissan Prairie 1,5 shows 165.000 kms on the meter . I bought it as a second hand car 14 years ago . Within these 14 years of driving, I changed the oil , the oil filter only once ! But I am carefull to add regularly the quantity of oil missing without never overpassing the minimum and the maximum ! The same with the water level !I changed the 4 sparkling plugs only once too ! No twice , to be honest! But the second change wasn't necessary because the problem I got at that time was humidity in the sparkling wires . It's always parked outside the house all the year through . And it's still running ! The 5 speed is out of order ( it jumps out .) ,and up till now I did'nt feel the need to change all the gearbox by a secondhand one for +/- 400 € ( or dollars ) . All together, I estimate the cost of repairs and normal changes (tires,battery,)done on this car at about 1.000 € ( = same in US dol +/- ) . The best car I ever got amoung all the second hand ones I always bought uptill now for 35 years ! Of course I am conscious that I am not driving a new car and I dare taking the risk it breaks down any time !
To find the parts you need, maybe this address could help ...

[url]http://www.247spares.co.uk/nissan-Prairie[/url]

A pic of the model I drive

And from the front here ...

The africans like to buy and import such car in their countries because there are not yet any complicated electronic devices in it ! Easy and cheap to maintain with 2d hand or recycled parts .
As long as it runs ,Idon't want to get rid of it and prefer to spend some money to fixe what's wrong on it year after years !
So , don't panic ! And spend that small amount of money to make it work ! Bye ! And Good luck !

Last edited by Tchotto; 08-20-2008 at 11:10 AM.