View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 08:43 AM

dUa is on a distinguished road

Hello bison_bloke,

I am from Romania and i have an '86 Prairie since last year. I bought it for just 600 euros and this was the cheapest deal ever because is in perfect shape ( fizical and optical ). My Prairie has a 2.0 liter engine ( model CA20E ) and is 4WD with manual gearbox. There are 2 other model types that i know... it is another 2.0 liter 2WD and a 1.8GL or SGL.
Two months ago i discovered some problems and i went to Nissan service and they told me that i should replace the next parts:
Belt-timing - 40 Euros
Tensioner Assy-Belt - 90 Euros
Seal-Oil Camsha - 7 Euros
Belt Fan - not in stock and unknown price
Belt-Power steering oil pump - 20 Euros
Belt-Compressor - 20 Euros
Seal OIL CR/SFT - 40 Euros
Oil Seal-Crank - 7 Euros
Element oil - oil filter - 10 Euros

Those represent a total costs of 250 Euros without the pays for the man who will assemble them. I think that the total cost will be around 500 Euros.

In Romania i didnt find any piece for this car and the nissan service dealer gave me the address of an american parts dealer. This dealer is no longer shipping internationally .
In Europe its very hard to get parts for this car. I dont know what is the prairie parts situation in Australia but i want to give you an advice.

DONT BUY THIS PIECE OF SHIT CAR

It is like you are marrying with a bitch.. you always know that you will be having problems with her and always repair. )

I apologize for moderators for answering to a preistoric post but my post represents an advice for future owners

Last edited by dUa; 04-26-2008 at 08:45 AM.